Update 6 October 2020 – Stanford Penguins badminton club (Brighton & Hove) have restarted playing at Portslade Sports Centre. We run our weekly club night every Monday from 8pm to 10pm. Please note we are not a club for beginners.
We have implemented new Badminton England guidance on how we run the nights, and as such we can not accept any visitors or members that have not pre booked a space with our COVID officer. We can have a maximum of 18 people playing of an evening.
New COVID rules for club nights
- No high fiving or shaking hands
- No more than 6 players playing on a court in a session
- No switching of courts within a session
- No sharing of equipment, including rackets
- No sharing of towels or water bottles
- Do not adjust nets
- You cannot just turn up and you have to book a slot on a club night
- We will keep records of your attendance and what court you played on
- You should not play if you show any COVID symptoms
- You should alert the COVID officer if you develop symptoms after playing
- You can share shuttles but only within the group playing on your court
- Hand sanitiser will be supplied for each court
- We won’t use the peg board
- We won’t use the scoring sheets
- You must use hand sanitiser at the entrance to the sports centre when you leave and enter
- You should avoid using showers and changing areas
Who we are
We’re a friendly group of Brighton badminton players, who meet every Monday (excluding bank holidays), from 8pm at Portslade Sports Centre.
Most of our members play in teams across both the badminton Brighton and Worthing badminton leagues.
Badminton club fees
First night is always free! You can play for three evenings as a visitor before you decide whether you’d like to apply to join the club.
- Annual adult membership is £140
- Student membership is £75
- Visitor fees are £5
Fees cover hall hire and the cost of feather shuttles. If you join mid-season, membership fees are pro-rata. Membership works out at just £4 a week which is great value for over two hours badminton every week!
We’re always keen for new Sussex badminton club players to come along, so please contact us and we can arrange for you to come along to a club night. We play at Portslade Sports Centre, see map below. To see our level of play, watch our badminton cub night video below.
Stanford Penguins venue map
Get in touch
New members – please fill in the form below and someone will get back to you soon. We do not offer coaching and all our members are club level or higher.